9 Personal Injury Case Valuation Considerations
You have a lot on your mind when dealing with a personal injury case. First and foremost, you should be focused on recovery. That being said, another key focus for many injured people is the valuation of their case.
In this brief article, we will share nine key considerations that influence the valuation of your personal injury case.
If you would like to speak with a personal injury lawyer in Columbus, OH, feel free to contact us at The Law Office of Tom Somos, LLC.
How Is the Value of a Personal Injury Case Determined?
The value of your case depends on several pieces of information. Here is a list of what must be considered when assessing the value of a case:
1. The fault (lawyers call it liability or negligence) of the other party, based upon the police report or an independent investigation of the accident.
2. The medical treatment that you received as a result of your injuries.
3. The doctor’s diagnosis (the cause and location of the pain caused by your injuries).
4. The doctor’s assessment of the seriousness of your injuries.
5. The doctor’s prognosis (outlook for the future).
6. The doctor’s reports, charts and office records that have been provided to us.
7. The amount of your medical bills and the amount of medical bills for future treatment your doctor believes are reasonably certain to occur in the future.
8. Any lost earnings you have incurred, or are reasonably certain to incur in the future, as a direct result of your injuries.
9. Any expenses you have incurred, and are reasonably certain to incur in the future, as a direct result of your injuries.
Please note that most of these important factors cannot be known until after you have finished your medical treatment.